We were also able to be there for baby Pepper's blessing. She is such a sweet little doll!
We were able to see our good friends Kurt and Heidi! It was so nice to catch up with them!
The boys with my Grandma Stewart. We had a big family reunion on her side, her mother my Great Grandma Amidan used to do big family reunions and the tradition has carried on. I haven't been able to go to one of these in years so it was a lot of fun. Plus they do raffles and games, we won a lot of cool stuff!!
After seeing everyone we headed south. John had never been to southern Utah and we took Grandpa Larry with us, it was a lot of fun! First we stopped at Zion's National Park.
Then we realized we were only an hour away from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I was little when I went there growing up, so I don't remember it and John had never been there.
Then we headed back up Utah and went to Bryce Canyon! Johnny couldn't get enough of the cool rock formations. We only wished we had more time....and energy to hike around more!
Close to the temple is a cemetery. I love walking around this cemetery. I have so many ancestors here. This one here is my 3rd great grandma!
The very best part of Manti is always going to Funk Lake, now Palisades Lake. My great great grandfather Funk actually built this lake. He bought the land with help from Brigham Young, from the Indians and ran water up hill. The Indians thought he was crazy! He was a very successful man, he had the lake, a big row boat on the lake and a dance floor.
The dance floor burnt down many years ago but the cement is still there. I love that my boys got see that! I actually have a nail and some cement from the floor that I got when I went here 10 years ago with my family and grandparents!
We were able to stop and see our friend the Robisons! It was so good to see them! The kids had so much fun. Robby talked about Kelly for a long time afterwards.
We went to Boise for a day trip and spent some time with our friends the Thompson's. It was so much fun to see them and catch up!
The two Hoosier Optometrists!
One of our last weekends there we went to Craters of the Moon with Grandma and Grandma. I love this place it is so unique! There are caves everywhere. Robby had a lot of fun going in and out!
Nathan, mostly cried and the only thing that kept him from crying was holding the portable radio!
We have had so much fun catching up with everyone this summer! We had so much fun that it makes life boring being away and having to work! We love you all and appreciate your love and friendship!
7 comments:
I had a great time with all of you guys and love riding in the tube with Robby ( Charlie did not think I would do it )
miss you guys so much and thank you and Johnny for all the work you did around my yard it is looking good love and miss all of you
I wasn't sure if it was you or Fee in the boat with Robby. LOL
And correction Johnny only mowed the lawn a few times, he didn't even weed eating. I did all the work painting your fence and eves!! Just so you know.
IT WAS both Fee then me with Robby and saw Johnny with the green apron on painting the eves when I got home from work and yes you did most of the work and I thank you very much
That's because I made him work ;-)
Look at all the neat stuff you did this summer!! We got to go to the Grand canyon too after the Reunion, I just have a lot of back blogging to do also. It's neat that you got to go to your family reunion and then Johnny's family reunion too. Lot's of family time this summer!! Hope everything is going well.
I forgot to mention that our last Stake President's name was Funk. I wonder if you're related?
That's awesome that you got to stop and see the Robison's!
Post a Comment