Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bite Daddy

Tuesday during lunch I was using a mug that has Johnny's picture on it. Johnny works Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Robby misses him a lot when he's gone. Well when he saw daddy's picture on the cup he kept saying "daddy" and laughing. Then after a while he would hold up his food to the cup and say "bite daddy." It was so cute after several times of doing this I thought we had to get a picture.
Shortly after lunch we had a bad storm. The lightening was right above us. Tracy and Grandpa were really scared. It didn't seem to bother Robby much he just stayed next to mom the whole time. Our power went out so we listened to the radio on Tracy's ipod. People were saying that tree's where blocking the roads, power lines were down and streets were flooding. Johnny got sent home from work. Our power went out at 12:30 and didn't get turned on until 10:30 pm! Luckily, all our food stayed cold with some added ice in the fridge. But I was really upset because my cake for my cake decorating class was in the oven at the time of the outage. I went to class anyway because I had some practice icing so I could practice the new things we would learn. Everyone else had cakes there! I couldn't believe it! Later we found out that some of our complex had power just our side of the street didn't. The radio said that 61,000 were without power. The storm moved to Louisville and they got some bad flooding. It's all cleared up here. I'm just glad that there wasn't a tornado warning.

No comments: